When: January 13, February 3, 10, 17, 24 March 3, 10
Where: Songhees Wellness Centre, 1100 Admirals Rd, Esquimalt
Who: Little League aged kids 7-12
Cost: Only $55 per player
What to Bring: Kids should bring their glove, bat, batting helmet and ideally wear a jock and ball pants/sweat pants.
Details: The Winter Training Program will help get your child ready for the next season of baseball with instruction from our already established coaching staff and special guest instructors!!!
The Winter Training Program is designed so any baseball player can transform themselves into a more confidant player by establishing strong fundamentals through the performance of reps, and learning to improve on each baseball specific skill.
It will involve baseball skills dealing with the dynamics and fundamentals of fielding, hitting and base running, but also players will concentrate on learning to play the game of baseball itself.
Every player to register in the Winter Training Program will come out of this program with more confidence, a sense of baseball knowledge and how to develop themselves, and most important of all… will be a more fundamentally sound baseball player who will use those skills this year and for years to come….
- Learning how to read a pitcher and helpful hints
- Rounding the bases properly and watching for coaching signals
- Path and routes to take to the baseball on various ground balls
- Having the hands and feet working as one unit
- Arm path and arm actions + Technique and mechanics on groundballs
- Situational components of the game
- Routes and angles to baseball
- Footwork and Catching techniques
- How to work your momentum in a positive manner
- Detailed hitting mechanics instruction
- Learning how to get the barrel of the bat through the hitting zone longer
- Mental approach
- Hitting approach within certain counts